Drusilla (Dee) Blackman, President
Pre-Professional Specialist and Application PositioningTM for all students
Drusilla Dee Blackman has had a long and varied career in the field of college admissions. She herself was an Ivy League student.
Brown University: Bachelor of Science Degree
Yale University: Master of Arts Degree (Clinical Psychology)
The Wharton School: Master of Business Administration (Marketing)
Dee’s training in both psychology and marketing aids her in understanding the needs of her students and families and assists her in helping them make the best choices in applying to college.
Dee has evaluated thousands of students over her 30 year career. She knows what a selective college is looking for in an application and how to help her clients stand out in the applicant pool.
- Columbia University – Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
- Harvard University – Dean of Graduate Admissions
- New Jersey State University – Dean of Admissions
- Institutional Consultant
- Assisted colleges in strengthening the quality of their freshman classes.
- Independent College Consultant
- Successfully assists students in gaining admission to the top colleges in this country.
- Has been invited to provide expert opinions on television and in legal proceedings.
Christian Rabin, Vice-President
As both an admissions counselor and college essay consultant, Christian has helped countless students from all over the globe gain offers from elite universities.
Phillips Exeter Academy
Brown University: Bachelor of Arts Degree
SUNY New Paltz: Master of Arts Degree (English Literature)
As a college consultant, he strives to help students harness that potential by guiding them towards forging their own authentic narratives and finding an optimal fit in terms of school choice.
- The Morristown-Beard School – English and Humanities Teacher, 9-12
- Instructed students in reading comprehension, literary analysis and writing.
- The Chadwick School – English and Humanities Teacher, 9-12
- Instructed students in reading comprehension, literary analysis, and writing.
- Crimson Education – College Admissions Strategist
- Assisted students from every continent gain admission to elite US universities through profile development and intensive application guidance.
- Transformation in Action – Lead Facilitator and Workshop Creator
- Independent College Consultant and Advanced Essay Support
- Guiding students through the college essay process from original brainstorming through to final product.
- Independent Writer
- Presently at work on multiple writing projects including a feature length screenplay and a book length essay on blackness and philosophy.
Hope brings over 8 years of specialized Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) college admissions experience. She herself is a graduate of the Ivy League.
Yale University: Bachelor of Science Degree (Chemical Engineering)
Columbia University: Chemical Engineering Research Fellow
Hope’s training as a Chemical Engineer, coupled with her experiences at the Yale University Admission Office, offers a valuable perspective to parents and students navigating the complexities of the STEM-specific application process.
As a conselor with The Ivy Dean, Hope has successfully guided students to acceptance at top colleges, including the Ivy League. She has led numerous interview preparation workshops and has assisted with STEM-specific application positioning. Outside of The Ivy Dean, she serves as a Yale University alumni interviewer for college applicants.
- Yale University – STEM Recruitment Leader and Tour Guide at the Admission Office
- Yale University – President of Undergraduate Women in Science
- United Nations – Science Policy Fellow
- International Consulting Firm – Life Sciences Strategy Consultant
Dr. Erin Leigh Courtice, PhD
Dr. Erin Leigh Courtice has worked in academia for over 7 years as a PhD student, published researcher, and part-time undergraduate professor.
University of Toronto: Honour’s Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree (Psychology Specialization, English Literature Major, ‘Buddhism, Psychology, & Mental Health’ Minor)
University of Ottawa: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree (Experimental Psychology)
Dr. Courtice’s training in psychological research and her work as an undergraduate university professor aids her in identifying the best opportunities for students to position themselves for their college applications.
As a researcher for The Ivy Dean, Dr. Courtice has helped many students identify summer programs, extracurricular courses, activities, and volunteer/service opportunities that speak to their personal interests and position them for college admissions.
- University of Ottawa (7+ years) – PhD graduate, Part-time undergraduate professor
- The Ivy Dean (5+ years) – College admissions researcher
On paper, I am by no means a perfect student. However, thanks to my Application Positioning, I was able to maximize the strengths that I bring to a college to compensate for other factors. Thanks to The Ivy Dean Team, I will be attending Princeton University, my dream school, in the fall.
Dee provided excellent advice and guidance throughout the application process. Her overall expertise in admissions, professionalism and warmth made the experience a great one. I was thrilled that I was accepted to several of the most selective colleges in the country and will be attending Stanford in the fall.”